This Father’s Day, we say thank you to all the dads out there! Whether you go by Dad, Daddy, Father, Pop, Papa, Old Man or any other name, we salute you! And so do your children. These students from Holly Springs Elementary and STEM Academy share their thoughts and even offer some advice.
1. What’s the most important thing a Dad does in his family?
2. What is your favorite thing to do with your Dad?
3. What do you love most about your Dad?
4. What advice would you give a Dad to help him understand his kids?
Barrett C., fifth grade
1. The most important thing a dad does in a family is protect and support the family.
2. My favorite thing to do with my dad is watch movies and hunt.
3. I like how supportive my dad is.
4. All dads should let their kids know that they can tell them anything.
Annaliese M., fifth grade
1. My dad is so special because he works so hard it is not even human.
2. My favorite thing to do with my dad is go to the park.
3. I love the way he comes home and doesn’t express his tiredness.
4. One way to learn about your child is to go to the park. You can go out to eat and talk! Spend some time together! Also, you need to love them, just like my dad does!
Antonia G., fifth grade
1. The most important thing that my dad does is that he takes care of us. My dad always cooks delicious meals and he makes sure we are healthy.
2. My favorite thing to do with my dad is have a daddy/daughter date.
3. What I love most about my dad is that he really gets me. I mean that, if anything is wrong, he knows what to do.
4. Some advice that dads need about kids is that we are crazy! When we say, “I’m fine,” or “Yeah, I’m happy,” it doesn’t all mean we are OK. You should really put detail in how we say it. The last piece of advice is that you should always get involved with things, like secrets and crushes.
Payton H., fifth grade
1. The most important thing my dad does for me is that he takes care of me.
2. My favorite thing to do with my dad is to ride bikes because it is really fun and something we both enjoy.
3. The thing that I love most about my dad is that he is really funny.
4. The advice that I would give my dad to understand his kids better is we won’t always think the same way, but I still love him.
Michael G., fifth grade
1. The most important thing my dad does is takes care of me.
2. My favorite thing I like to do with my dad is riding the motorcycle with him because it’s like freedom from everything else.
3. The thing I love most about my dad is that he is funny and cool.
4. The advice I would give my dad to understand me is that I’m just like him, but I think he already knows that.