Some people may believe in the old saying that April showers bring May flowers, but at Sixes Living magazine we are starting to think that April showers bring May activities! At least it seems that way from one look at the downtown Canton calendar.
To start things off –
First Friday will be back on May 2 from 6 – 9 p.m. at Cannon Park in downtown Canton. Get your summer vibe off to an early start with a little help from The Surf Boys: A Beach Boys Tribute Band, and a beach bash area filled with sandboxes and volleyball to help you get in the mood. Visitors will be treated to extended shopping hours at area merchants, as well as classic cars, and other beach surprises!
Then on May 10th –
There is no charge for disposing of personal computers, laptops, modems, floppy/disk drives, printers, fax machines, cell phones, circuit boards, copiers, phones, car batteries, microwaves, and more. Shredding will cost $3 for each copy paper-size box with no limit to the number of boxes. Canton City Hall is at 151 Elizabeth St.
The final big event of the month –
The popular Canton Festival of the Arts will return on May 17-18 with:
- Artist’s Market with more than 60 exhibitors from nine states.
- Serenity Gardens, which celebrates the art of living well. If you are interested in gardening, sustainability, incorporating nature into your life and all things green, this is the place for you.
- Tempting food concessions and a wine and beer garden.
- The Interactive Children’s Experience, which offers hands-on art activities for children that include mural painting, photography, drawing, dance, drama and more.
- Live entertainment on the Main Stage.
For more information on these events as well as more happenings in downtown Canton, visit www.canton-georgia.com