Canton recently held a ribbon cutting in honor of the new inclusive playground equipment at Etowah River Park, 600 Brown Industrial Parkway. The ADA playground features wheelchair accessible structures designed for children of all abilities to be able to play together, and more.
• Ramps for easy wheelchair access throughout the structure.
• A unitary rubber surface (Pour In Place) with wheelchair access leading to two ADA swings.
• Two generation swings allow parents to swing with their kids on the same swing.
• Two ADA swings designed for children with limited mobility and include a safety harness
• Revolution inclusive spinner allows sideloading for wheelchair access and is designed for up to 10 children.
• Rock N Ship is designed for all accessibility.
• Shades to help beat the summer heat.
• Inclusive play panels include sign language and braille panels.
The public playground is open daily, from dawn to dusk. For more information and a map of all Canton parks, visit cantonga.gov.
Leave a Reply