This Memorial Day weekend , before heading out to a traditional barbecue with friends and family, start off at an event to help benefit our own local Holly Springs Volunteer Fire Department (HSVFD). The 8th annual Memorial Day 5K Run/Walk & 1K Fun Run will take place in Holly Springs on Saturday May 25th. The race will begin at Holly Springs Elementary School and end at Barrett Memorial Park. The Fun Run will be located at Barrett Memorial Park and consist of two laps around the trail in the park.
HSVFD is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Public Charity and relies on donations and fundraising to support their operations and expenses. The Memorial Day 5K Run/Walk & 1K Fun Run is their largest fundraising event. In light of the race being Memorial Day weekend, 10% of race profits will be donated to a non-profit organization that benefits U.S. military veterans.
Participants can register online until May 23. Race day registration begins at 7 a.m. New for this year is the ability to register as a Ghost Runner for those who want to support the event but are unable to participate in the actual run.
- 5K Run: $20 early registration/$22 on race day
- 5K Walk: $15 early registration/$17 on race day
- 1K Fun Run: $10 early registration/$12 on race day
- Ghost Runner: $15
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Overall – Male & Female
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Masters – Male & Female
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Age Groups: 10-under; 11-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; and 75-over – Male & Female
- Fun Run – All registered participants of the Fun Run will receive a participation ribbon.
There will be water and refreshments at the finish line. Awards will be presented when the race is complete.
The race is part of the Run Georgia circuit and is officially timed. All participants will receive a race T-shirt and bag with promotional items from sponsors of the event. Further information along with online registration is available on the race website – http://www.hollysprings5k.com.